[Support request] How to customize home page according to categories?

Home Forums Support How to customize home page according to categories?

• This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by David.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Arshi

Hello. I have a few queries.
    1. How to add more post columns on the home page and sort them according to categories? Is it possible to add the pagination button below the post columns?
    2. How to move the logo to the left or right side. It’s at the center right now. I want to put a header ad on the top right side of the site.
    3. According to the google page speed test, the website is slow on mobiles. Any idea on how to improve the speed?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. You would need to create a static page and use a plugin like this to display your posts:
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-show-posts/

To create columns, you can consider using the default Columns blocks from Gutenberg or Grid blocks from our upcoming block plugin GenerateBlocks which allows for more control:
    https://generateblocks.com/
    https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/grid-overview/

2 & 3: Can you open a 2 separate topics for each question as they aren’t related to the first one at all?

It’s much easier for us to manage and keep track if you keep 1 question per topic.

Thanks 🙂

Arshi

I already have the plugin installed and I’m using a static page only. Please go through the website url I shared.
    I want to display posts category wise, but I see no such option.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

do you want to display a list of posts for each of your categories?

Arshi

Yes and with pagination buttons or a link that takes the visitors to the category page.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You will need to create a new WP Show Posts list for each of your Categories.

1. Go to Dashboard > WP Show Posts –> New.
    2. Select Taxonomy > Category – and then select 1 x Term.
    3. Set the Posts per Page value.
    4. DO NOT check Pagination.

Publish the list. Copy the Shortcode it provides, edit the Home Page and add the shortcode.
    You can add a Heading before the shortcode and a link to your Category archive after it.

Repeat this for each of the Categories you want to display.

Arshi

Thank. Works fine.
    Can you help with the other two problems?
    1. How to move the logo to the left or right side. It’s at the center right now. I want to put a header ad on the top right side of the site.
    2. According to the speed test, the website is slow. Any idea on how to improve the speed?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Could you raise new topics for each of them – it makes it easier for you, us and others to find the answers.

Arshi

No problem. There’s one more issue I’m facing. When I’m selecting the option of keeping image above the title for the category “animals”, it’s distorting the images. You can check it on the website. I even deleted the post and created a new one, but it’s still having the same issue. And it’s happening only with this category

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can’t see any images on the Animals Category ?

Arshi

That’s strange because i can see the images

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you edit your original topic and provide the exact URL if the page you’re looking at so we can make sure we’re looking at the same thing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.