- This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 1 month ago by David.
April 15, 2020 at 12:57 pm #1240643Arshi
Hello. I have a few queries.
1. How to add more post columns on the home page and sort them according to categories? Is it possible to add the pagination button below the post columns?
2. How to move the logo to the left or right side. It’s at the center right now. I want to put a header ad on the top right side of the site.
3. According to the google page speed test, the website is slow on mobiles. Any idea on how to improve the speed?April 15, 2020 at 2:28 pm #1240731LeoStaffCustomer Support
1. You would need to create a static page and use a plugin like this to display your posts:
To create columns, you can consider using the default Columns blocks from Gutenberg or Grid blocks from our upcoming block plugin GenerateBlocks which allows for more control:
2 & 3: Can you open a 2 separate topics for each question as they aren’t related to the first one at all?
It’s much easier for us to manage and keep track if you keep 1 question per topic.
Thanks 🙂April 15, 2020 at 2:57 pm #1240752Arshi
I already have the plugin installed and I’m using a static page only. Please go through the website url I shared.
I want to display posts category wise, but I see no such option.April 16, 2020 at 4:23 am #1241252DavidStaffCustomer SupportApril 16, 2020 at 4:40 am #1241263Arshi
Yes and with pagination buttons or a link that takes the visitors to the category page.April 16, 2020 at 5:55 am #1241330DavidStaffCustomer Support
You will need to create a new WP Show Posts list for each of your Categories.
1. Go to Dashboard > WP Show Posts –> New.
2. Select Taxonomy > Category – and then select 1 x Term.
3. Set the Posts per Page value.
4. DO NOT check Pagination.
Publish the list. Copy the Shortcode it provides, edit the Home Page and add the shortcode.
You can add a Heading before the shortcode and a link to your Category archive after it.
Repeat this for each of the Categories you want to display.April 16, 2020 at 11:16 am #1241965Arshi
Thank. Works fine.
Can you help with the other two problems?
1. How to move the logo to the left or right side. It’s at the center right now. I want to put a header ad on the top right side of the site.
2. According to the speed test, the website is slow. Any idea on how to improve the speed?April 16, 2020 at 4:01 pm #1242221DavidStaffCustomer SupportApril 17, 2020 at 12:04 pm #1243392Arshi
No problem. There’s one more issue I’m facing. When I’m selecting the option of keeping image above the title for the category “animals”, it’s distorting the images. You can check it on the website. I even deleted the post and created a new one, but it’s still having the same issue. And it’s happening only with this categoryApril 18, 2020 at 3:32 am #1243950DavidStaffCustomer SupportApril 18, 2020 at 4:05 am #1243974Arshi
That’s strange because i can see the imagesApril 18, 2020 at 7:06 am #1244117
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.