[Resolved] How To Customize Blog Page

Home Forums Support How To Customize Blog Page

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Abhishek Kundu

Hi Tom,
    I have recently purchased the premium version of generatepress. It’s a great wp theme. But how can I create a custom blog page which you can find in the attached image.
    Blog Page

I would like to display Author’s picture & featured image as thumbnail version in the blog page.

Kindest,
    Abhishek

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

At this time, you would have to create your own custom blog template using a child theme – if you have a basic understanding of HTML/PHP/WordPress, this isn’t too hard.

I do have plans to add more blog layouts to the Blog addon in the near future.

Thanks!

Abhishek Kundu

Hi Tom,
    Do you have any link where I can learn to create child theme for generatepress & when do you plan to add more blog layouts to the Blog addon ?

Kindest,
    Abhishek

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I don’t have a set time-frame, but it’s one of the next items on my to-do list.

Here’s a good guide on child themes: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/wordpress-child-themes-dev/

Remember, ignore the part about @import in the stylesheet – this is not necessary using GP.

What you would have to do is copy the content.php file in the generatepress folder, and paste it into your child theme’s folder.

Then alter the HTML/PHP to suit your needs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.