[Support request] How to create secondary menu in one page?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to create secondary menu in one page?

Home Forums Support How to create secondary menu in one page?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ramesh

Hi,

I have a requirement to create secondary menu in specific page something like this https://activelittles.com/category/free-printables/

when I add secondary menu it is coming just below the main menu as per settings, but couldn’t find a way how to add secondary menu inside the page as a example shown in above link.

Also, I am using cards view to display the post, but my featured images are being chopped and not looking good.
    Kindly suggest the solution for the same.

Thanks
    Ramesh

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can position the Secondary navigation by doing this:

1. Customizer > Layout > Secondary Navigation – set Location to No Navigation
    2. Create a new Hook Element with this content:

<?php generate_secondary_navigation_position(); ?>

Select the generate_after_entry_header hook.
    Check Execute PHP
    Then set your Display Rules to where you want it displayed.

In regards to your Card layouts – they are being generated by Elementor – there isn’t much we can do with that.

Ramesh

Hi David,

Thank you, It worked. But, I am looking display secondary menu after certain content of that page. Like I showed in previous example. Also when user selects menu option, I wanted to stay in the same page and display the blog posts related to that category.
    Exactly same as example show earlier.

Regarding Cards display, what is the other alternate to display blog post? is there any suggestion?
    I wanted to display blog posts in cards display even in category pages or tags
    Could you pls help on this?

Thanks
    Ramesh

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you were using the GP Themes archive templates instead of static pages then you would be able to use Categories in your secondary nav, and simply set the display rules for the navigation to Post Category Archive > All Categories.

But it cannot be done with static pages.

If you want to revert to using the Theme templates we can look at some CSS to style the posts to look more like cards.

Johan

Hi David,

Thanks for solving Ramesh issue. I do have the same, but I would like to NOT use a secondary menu, how to make a hook then?

Thanks in advance.

Johan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you raise a new topic, and explain what and where this additional menu will display?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.