[Support request] How to create custom header before article

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to create custom header before article

Home Forums Support How to create custom header before article

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anthony

Hi,

How would I go about creating a custom header like in this article: https://www.authorityhacker.com/best-ai-writing-software/

I’m looking at where there is an intro sentence and five boxes below the title and author info, and before the article starts. I’d like to replicate something like that.

Many thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

is this something you would have on ALL your Single Posts ? Or just the odd page here and there ?

Anthony

Hi David,

I’d like to do it on all posts, but with different content on each.

Many thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

SO that site is using a Block Element, as seen here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-page-hero/

Which is easy enough for the title, post meta, and any custom field for displaying the post excerpt.

The list of “posts” that it displays, thats more complicated as you would need to store there IDs or use a term / meta relationship to list them for each post…

Anthony

Ok thanks. I need to spend some time digging into this. Thanks for replying.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah you will need to consider how that extra information is stored.
    The Site Title and the post meta ( date, author, taxonomy terms ) are all built into WordPress and available in the Dynamic Data options.

The extra text will need to be saved somewhere – like the Manual Excerpt or a Custom Field. And can be displayed using GP Dynamic Content block or Post Meta dynamic data.

The list of posts, their either using a Taxonomy term that relates those posts or a custom field to store them.
    Then to show the posts themselves they are using GenerateBlocks Pro.

Lots to think on. Let us know if you want any more info.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.