[Support request] How to create a full-width “slider” from posts?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to create a full-width “slider” from posts?

Home Forums Support How to create a full-width “slider” from posts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Martin

I’m trying to create something that looks like a full-width responsive slider; basically a grid of images with titles overlaid, fed from the latest posts feed.

Ideally, the grid should be full width, like the header, while the rest of the page content is narrower.

I know this can be done using Revolution slider, but I’m keen to try to keep plugins to the bare minimum (for speed) and I think this can probably be done using WP Show Posts and GenerateBlocks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sliders would require a lot of custom coding without a plugin unfortunately.

We don’t have an existing solution for WPSP and GB for it.

Martin

I’ve stuck a link below with a mock-up of what I mean – I don’t mean a slider that actually slides with transitions – I mean more like a magazine style theme that has a full-width masonry image-tile-block fed from the latests posts, like this:
    https://prnt.sc/umgdy7
    It seems like WPSP can do something pretty close to what I mean even by default, though its not quite there (which is most likely due to my lack of skill with the plugin rather than whether it can actually do it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You should be able to do that with WP Show Posts and grid blocks from GenerateBlocks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.