- This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 9 months ago by Leo.
February 7, 2018 at 6:53 pm #490937Melody
because my site has Chinese and English for the site title, I tried to type the html <font size=”6″>Hayashi Hair Transplant Clinic</font> after the Chinese title, and it worked under wp customizing>site identity>site title preview, however when I check the actual site url, it shows all the html not the effects. by the way I would hope to use the site title, as i check the hook, it looks like the site title won’t be showing on the site header.
thank you!GeneratePress 2.0.2February 7, 2018 at 7:38 pm #490955LeoStaffCustomer Support
A method similar to this should help: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/using-2-fonts-in-the-header-text/#post-276185
Let me know if you need help with the coding 🙂February 8, 2018 at 7:19 pm #491793Melody
Thank you for getting back,
I’ve tried the way as your suggested post, sorry because I don’t know any coding, below is what I put into the wp_head hook:<p class=”main-title”>Chinese title <span class=”second-font”>English title</span></p>
and I now encountered below problem:
1. the title from above code shows up correctly, but as an additional white background space above my current page header, any chance I can still have the title shows within my current header? as I have my current header a background image and a site tagline.
2. also when I use hook, it appears the hook title line will still appear on the page that I have disabled the Header(under disable elements), hence I was hoping it would be the same element with tagline/page header.
3. may I ask where can I put the CSS? and is it as below?
thank you!February 8, 2018 at 9:19 pm #491841LeoStaffCustomer Support
1. Not sure what you mean? Do you want the title to replace the navigation logo?
2. Again not sure what you mean. You only want that to show on certain pages?
3. CSS can be added here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/February 8, 2018 at 10:30 pm #491856Melody
hi Leo, sorry for the confusion.
what I meant for 1 and 2, is that when I type my site title from Dashboard?Appearance>Customize>Site Identity>site title, both site title and tagline appear in one section, and with my background image on the back. but when I use hooks, the new site title appears as additional section, a white space above the current site header. and for the pages that I have already selected header disabled, the new hook header still appears(looks like hook is more powerful than those setting?)
there’s no pic attachment option, otherwise it would be easier for me to show you the pic instead. I hope it make sense to you?February 9, 2018 at 8:29 am #492314LeoStaffCustomer Support
I’m not seeing a background image for your navigation.
Are you wanting to extend the background color to the hook as well?
You can upload screenshots to a site like this and provide the direct link here: https://postimages.org/
Let me know 🙂February 9, 2018 at 6:20 pm #492637Melody
thank you for keep getting back to me, ah I meant the site header, you didn’t see the site header from the homepage because I disabled it with my homepage, other pages have the site header.
I hope the pictures from below link will be clear. my goal is have the site title show different sizes, and looks like I need the hook in order to do so, however the hook doesn’t have the quality as the original site title function(from customize), showing within the site header and all.
thank you very mush for your attention.February 10, 2018 at 8:04 am #492991LeoStaffCustomer SupportFebruary 11, 2018 at 8:06 pm #493998Melody
yes, and for mobil responsive, site header is not showing for all pages.
OMG am I asking too much? maybe I should just go with the same font sizes, coz the currently GP setting for site title is awesome already.
thank you.February 11, 2018 at 8:31 pm #494008LeoStaffCustomer Support
What do you mean by “mobil responsive, site header is not showing for all pages”, do you have a logic? Or just selective pages?
If would definitely be either to keep them the same size so the customizer options would work.
If not we can get it sorted for sure. I just need a clear set of requirements 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.