[Resolved] How to change the header grid height?

Home Forums Support How to change the header grid height?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jan

Hello,
    I need to change the height of the header grid (aka .inside-header.grid-container.grid-parent ) and have no idea where to look / how to do it.

The site is goo.gl/LDAS54 .

And/or is there a solution, that I can use that font (Santana bold) with these colours for the “header title” as text? So that I don’t need a picture?

I have a child theme installed and tried to manipulate the header.php without any success.
    Probably I’m just thinking in the wrong way and there is a simple solution with CSS.

TIA jan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Do you have our Spacing add-on? If so, you can increase the top and bottom spacing inside the header through the Customizer.

If you’re not interested in the add-on, something like this should do it:

.site-header .inside-header {
          padding-top: 40px;
          padding-bottom: 40px;
    }

Only web fonts can be used with real text on your site. This is the case because if a visitor doesn’t have your font installed, they’ll see something completely different than you.

It’s also important because there’s multiple legalities when it comes to embedding fonts directly on websites.

All of our fonts are from Google Fonts, which will show up to all visitors and are completely legal 🙂

bdbrown

If you do use text for the site title you could adjust the colors by using the GP Hooks Add-on. Remove the site title and tagline in Customizer > Site Identity or Settings > General, then add this to the Before Header Content hook:

<div class="site-branding">
    	<p itemprop="headline" class="main-title"><a rel="home" title="My Site Title" href="THE URL TO MY HOMEPAGE"><span style="color:#b0191c;">Zentrum </span><span style="color:#7a9e38;">für </span><span style="color:#d79553;">Autismus-</span><span style="color:#7486c2;">Kompetenz</span></a></p>
    	<p class="site-description">ZAK-Hannover</p>
    </div>

Change “THE URL TO MY HOMEPAGE” to your site URL and adjust the font sizes using CSS.

Jan

Hi Tom,
    thanks a lot. Yes all add-ans are available, the price was fair.
    I’m starting to understand what can all be done with them.
    But also thanks for the alternative solution and the information about the fonts, makes sense, haven’t thought about that.

@bdbrown

Thanks for your solution. But without the font those colours wouldn’t make much sense for me.
    But I’ve learned something new from your post, that might be useful one day.

Best, Jan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.