[Resolved] How to change GP Premium typography settings to REM or % instead of PX?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to change GP Premium typography settings to REM or % instead of PX?

Home Forums Support How to change GP Premium typography settings to REM or % instead of PX?

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Tom.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Annabel

Hi there,

Is there a way to change the unit from PX to REM or % in the Typography panel of the customizer. If yes, how? If no, how would I achieve this without having to rewrite all CSS rules relative to font sizes? I wish to specify values relative to my base font size rather than PX values.

Thx for your help :- )

GP Premium 1.7.8
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

its not possible at this time to change the customizer units, it’s something we’re looking at for a possible future update.

Unfortunately you would need to write your own CSS rules for this.

Annabel

Thx David. I’ll keep an eye on future updates.

In the meantime… You’re positive there’s absolutely no way, even with a little php magic? I’m no developer mind you, so it may well be out of my league. But I can put together bits of php with a bit of guidance (a fair amount actually).

Anyway… have a nice day!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome.
    I am 99.9% sure theres not an easy way to do it, or we probably would have by now 🙂

Annabel

Figures!
    Thx David 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Thor

So, I’m looking into making the jump to % responsive fonts as well and was hoping to find answers in this thread.

Am I missing something or is it not just a matter of defining html {font-size: 100%} and the font elements along with it in a child theme’s CSS? What else is there?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can definitely add % or whatever in your child theme CSS. This topic is more about adding those options into the Customizer options, which is still something we want to do.

Mark

Hi folks, just wondering where you were at with adding REM options to GP Premium?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We’re working on a full typography rebuild right now that will be in the free GP theme. We’ll be sure to include REM support 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.