[Resolved] How To Change Color Of The Titles Of The “Recent Articles” blog posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How To Change Color Of The Titles Of The “Recent Articles” blog posts

Home Forums Support How To Change Color Of The Titles Of The “Recent Articles” blog posts

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Asen

Hello guys,

I recently changed the color of the anchor text links in content to be yellow.
    However that also got changed the titles of the blogs posts that I display on the home page of my website to the same color. And I want them to be their default color which is sort of black or grey-ish.
    It seems that the theme is taking the blog titles displayed in the home page via the Wp Show Posts plugin as links and it automatically changes their colors to yellow too.
    Technically those are links indeed but how to change those to the theme default link color while keeping the in content anchor text links yellow?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Asen

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

set the Archive Content Title color in Customizer > Colors > Content

Asen

Thanks for getting back to me!
    This is already set as default, I believe. I haven’t touched that.
    In fact, what’s strange is that the Archive post titles (for example at the right sidebar that I still show with WP SHOW POSTS) are black-ish color and not yellow as the links.
    Issue is only on the home page.

Regards,

Asen

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry i jumped the gun – as its WP Show Posts, unless you have the Pro version you will need some CSS to change their colors:

.wp-show-posts-entry-title a {
        color: #000000;
    }
    Asen

Hi again,

Thank you.
    I added the CSS in Customizer – Additional CSS.
    What’s strange is that it solve the issue when I’m logged in, but when I open my page in Incognito Chrome tab, the issue is the same. I cleared all cache.
    Also, (and if really working) the code also doesn’t seem to modify the “published date” links shown below the titles. Is there a way to modify the published date color on Home Page?

Actually as I see it, it’s only on the post Best Basketball Shoes for Tennis to Buy in 2021 that the date color is changed. The rest are still yellow.

Any idea?
    Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you Disable WP Rocket and recheck the site.

Asen

Hi David,

Without WP Rocket it’s working indeed. I add /?nowprocket=1 in the end of url.

However, still the published dates are shown in yellow-ish – the color of the anchor text. The theme sees them as links becasue indded on the home page they are links.
    How to change that?
    Is there a definitive way to have a dedicated color on the anchor text in content?
    In addition, is it possible to make them underlined as well?

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can see the WPSP Meta links color like so:

.wp-show-posts-meta a, .wp-show-posts-meta a:visited {
        color: #000;
    }

Is there a definitive way to have a dedicated color on the anchor text in content?

You already have that set. Which is why the WPSP lists are affected as they are in the content, so they inherit that color.

Underline, there is an option in General that underlines all links. If you want only links within your post content then use this CSS:

.entry-content p a {
        text-decoration: underline;
    }
    Asen

Many thanks for your valuable and always appreciated help!
    It seems to work…just that the colors are affected by WP Rocket. So I opened a ticket with them.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.