[Support request] How to bold a word in a sentence?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to bold a word in a sentence?

Home Forums Support How to bold a word in a sentence?

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by David.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    muralidharan

Hi

Can you help me know how to bold a word in a sentence – in a headline 1, H2, H3 and so on. This is to highlight/ emphasise a point.

Something like DO YOU WANT MORE TRAFFIC ? In this sentence which is H3 in my case I would like to make the word MORE TRAFFIC bold and in a different color.

I use ELEMENTOR page builder.

Many thanks
    Muralidharan

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You should be able to HTML strong tag like this: <strong>bold text</strong>

You can also use the visual editor for both text style and color as well.

Let me know if this helps.

muralidharan

Thanks Leo, for this I need to use the WordPress Editor.What I would like to know if this can be done in Elementor Page Editor.

I did try the visual editor and it made my website look all garbled. When I reverted back to Elementor it is all right now.

Please advise.

BTW where do you add the HTML code which you have suggested. Can we use any custom CSS?

thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The code can be added to anywhere that accepts HTML which I assume Elementor Page Editor would.

If not then you might have to ask Elementor how to do it.

muralidharan

Hi Leo,

Can you please check the link neilpatel.com and what I want to achieve is this style of sentence. Looks like he has used a span class.

How to generate 195,013 visitors a month without spending a dollar on ads

I also used your code bold text

Do I need to replace the bold text with the word i would like to highlight. However this is applicable to header only?

thanks
    Muralidharan

muralidharan

Hi Leo, can you also give an example how to use the code you have given. I really appreciate your patience and time.

best
    Muralidharan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Muralidharan

im using elementor Pro – the visual text editors all allow you to add Bold as a style to the font, within other editors you can activate the typesetting function where you can also apply bold. If not the html that Leo has explained can be used within the standard text field. Just replace the “bold text” with whatever you want.

David

muralidharan

Thanks David,

The text editor is only available when you edit Paragraph right? what about when you are editing a Text headline formatted in H1 , H2 in the Elementor Page builder.

Can you please send me an example. Sorry for being such a novice.

best
    Murali

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Murali

yes the editor is only available on Paragraphs. For the Title element you have to select the style tab and enable typography (this is a Pro feature). Here you can select the weight of the title. You may need to think about setting the global font for H1 or H2 as a lighter weight and then emphasise the font in the headline. You however won’t be able to have different weights of font for different words in the same title, its all or nothing. Would therefore suggest you use the Text element where you can adjust the style of each word.

Link to image below:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AkmyF7o2B-NGhlNvqisHyA7ZuhhQ

regards

David

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.