[Resolved] How to adjust positioning of the site title

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to adjust positioning of the site title

Home Forums Support How to adjust positioning of the site title

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Grant

Hi, I’m fairly new to GP but I’ve played with a lot of the settings.

I’m trying to adjust the vertical position of the site title in relation to the logo (which is on the left of the title).

I had to add the site tagline as an image onto the logo because the site tagline can’t be positioned below the logo. That means that the centre of the image logo is no longer the centre of the logo… and so the site title is no longer centred properly with the logo.

I’m not sure if the best option is to
    1) increase the height of the logo (with transparency) so that the title will appear in the “proper” centred position next to the logo part of the image. Disadvantages of probably lowered SEO but worse, the header is pushed further down the page. It would allow me to put the logo and title back on the mobile view though.

2) adjust the title position via css – not sure how that would affect the page on smaller screen sizes – I suspect I would have to adjust it for the screen size, especially mobile. And I will have to figure out how to do it. I know it should be possible, but not positive how to do it. I’m not very well versed in CSS.

Suggestions?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

If it’s up to me then I’d include everything (logo, title and description) in as the logo image.

It should work best for all screens.

Grant

I was considering that as well, but hoped to do actual text for the title. I’ll probably do as suggested now though.

Thanks for the suggestion Leo.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.