[Resolved] How to adjust featured image left/right position on archive page per-post?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to adjust featured image left/right position on archive page per-post?

Home Forums Support How to adjust featured image left/right position on archive page per-post?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Currently all featured images are set to appear on the left of my archive pages.
    How could I specify the placement of the featured image from within the post?
    Imagine in the featured image setting where you set the image you could also say “left, center, right” to indicate how that image should appear in the archive?

Is something like that possible and if not could it be a feature request please?

thanks!
    Mike

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

So like using different featured image positions for different posts?

That’s not possible without CSS unfortunately.

I really can’t recall seeing another similar request for this so it’s not likely that we would add it as an option unfortunately.

Mike

Hi Leo,

yes that’s right. So for example instead of:

Default:
    IMAGE | Title
    IMAGE | Title
    IMAGE | Title

With option to put featured image on right:
    IMAGE | Title
    Title | IMAGE
    IMAGE | Title

thanks,
    Mike

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If it’s just a rotating position then we can probably use some CSS for that.

Can you link me to the page in question?

Mike

Sure – thank you. I edited the first question in this thread and added the URL. This is my sandbox site for the project in question. You’ll see the homepage is the blog…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this CSS:

.post-image-aligned-left .post:nth-child(even) .inside-article .post-image {
        float: right;
    }
    Mike

Thanks Leo – that works to swap alternate images. I will think on how I could make it post-specific.

cheers,
    Mike

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.