[Resolved] How to add widgets in the main content area?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How to add widgets in the main content area?

Home Forums Support How to add widgets in the main content area?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andi

Hi Tom,

after learning some more about WordPress, coding and web design and after some experience with Siteorigin PageBuilder and Beaver Builder I think I may be ready to reach for the next step of the website programmer ladder.

If I want to work without a page builder, I could use the section from GP premium as rows and your Lightweight Columns plugins for the columns. I could style the stuff with a CSS plugin (the SiteOrigin one even let’s me see what I’m doing, and as I am not that much of a coder I’m not ready yet to go with your Lightweight CSS plugin ;-).

I have only one problem / question: How do I get widgets into the main content area?
    I googled and read a dozen articles but I’m not much wiser than before. How would you add a widget in the main content area? Is there a simple way to do it?

Thanks a lot for your help,
    Andi

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Andi,

You could use a plugin like this: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/widget-shortcode/

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Andi

Thanks Tom,

that was what I was looking for. For some reason I didn’t find this exact plugin, I only found a few similar ones with not-so-good-reviews or with too much code that would bloat up my site unnecessarily.
    The plugin you recommend has top reviews, no unnecessary features and is maintained and updated regular basis. Perfect! πŸ™‚

Learning WordPress and web design is such a fascinating adventure, but every now and then it’s great to have a big brother like you to hint in the right direction. πŸ™‚

Thanks so much for your quick and competent help!
    Andi

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Happy to help! πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.