[Support request] How to add padding to blog archive page on mobile

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to add padding to blog archive page on mobile

Home Forums Support How to add padding to blog archive page on mobile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Oisin

Hi Guys,

As the title says I’m having difficulty adding padding to the blog archive page of a website. Not sure why this isn’t a setting featured in customiser/layout/blog.

Any help much appreciated,

Oisín.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Oisin,

You have a contained content container applied to the blog page from a layout element. It removes the paddings around content as explained here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/content-padding/#content-padding-not-working

Let me know if it helps!

Oisin

Hi Ying,

I’d like to have a blog post and blog archive container width of 870px and padding of 10px left and right. What’s the best way to implement this?

Many thanks,

Oisín.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I noticed that you are using contained content for blog page, full width for single post, default width for blog archives and full width for most other pages.

To achieve what you want for blog archive and single post while keep other pages full width:

1.Exclude blog from the layout element which makes it contained;
    2.Exclude posts from the layout element which makes it full width, if there’s no such element, then go to the meta box of each single post and choose default instead of full width;
    3.Then you can go to Customizer > Layout > Container to adjust container width and paddings, these settings will only affect blog/ blog archives/ posts.

Let me know if it helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.