[Resolved] how to add multiple posts categories wise in a specific thumbnail grid image.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] how to add multiple posts categories wise in a specific thumbnail grid image.

Home Forums Support how to add multiple posts categories wise in a specific thumbnail grid image.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Immi

hi there, how to add multiple posts categories wise in a specific thumbnail grid image link. I’m working on multiple Mobile brands like Virgin, Koodo, Chatr, Samsung Xyz so I have multiple articles on each brand and I want to display only Brand Name on the first page with Thumbnails / Featured Images in grid column and Articles will be shown inside the brand image by categories. same as like this website

GP Premium 1.7.7
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i haven’t tested this as its rather new but it provides the function to add images to categories and display them in a grid. They auto link to their archives so should do the function.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-category-image-with-grid-and-slider/

Let us know

Immi

I’m sorry, I don’t understand. Could you explain it again?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK, so Category pages don’t have a Featured Image / Thumbnail as standard.
    So you need a plugin that a. Adds featured images and b. allows you to display them in a grid.
    The plugin above says it does both.

It generates a shortcode that can be added to any page to display the grid.
    Each category will link to the relevant post archive, which you can use the GP Customizer > Layout > Blog settings to manage those display settings.

Immi

My point is I want to display page and post in multi Grid One Page Layout with thumbnail images same as shown in this website

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry i am not sure what i am missing.

I thought:

You want to display a list of categories (Brands) in a grid.
    Each of the categories in the grid will have a thumbnail and a title.
    Each of the categories will link to their post archive.

Let me know

Immi

Yes Sir exactly I want but how to achieve this.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you tried the plugin i mentioned above? That is what it does

Immi

Yes, sir, I have tried an above-mentioned plugin that told you. but I did not understand. Please tell me an easy way to get it without coding. I searched about this and found out Elementor Portfolio Widget I have tried Elementor plugin but unfortunately, Portfolio Widget Feature not available in a free plan. now I’m planning to buy the pro version of Elementor but I’m not sure it will meet my achievement. If I buy Element Pro then I can get achieve it What is your opinion.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Did you use the shortcode provided by the plugin on a page? It looks like it will do what you need, but you need to add the shortcode in order for the category grid to show up.

Immi

Thank You

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Immi

Hi, it’s possible to delete the provided site links by me from the above conversation.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Immi

Thank you very much.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.