[Support request] How to Add dynamic Social icon in the hero section?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to Add dynamic Social icon in the hero section?

Home Forums Support How to Add dynamic Social icon in the hero section?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Karan

I want to create a hero section where i want the featured images, a dynamic paragraph, and dynamic Social media icon.

For better understanding please check the screen shot.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The two author box videos here should help:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-hook/#examples

Let me know 🙂

Karan

Thank You Leo for your suggestions. I have gone through the video. And this video is for Author Box. Where the social share is for the authors. Which is collected from the Author meta.

My question is, I want a Dynamic Hero block for post. Where the hero section is not about the author, its related to the post. So in every post the details in hero section will change.

Now my question is, I want social icon and a paragraph of that post in the hero section.

For example: If the blog post is about “Book recommended by XYZ”. Then the hero section will have, Featured image about XYZ, His Social Icons and a Paragraph about him…!

For better understanding check the URL.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that data is not related to the post content or the post author.
    Which means you need to first implement a way of storing that data.

A lot of users will use ACF or PODs plugins to do that.
    Which will allow you to store that data in either:

a. the post meta ie. on that specific post.
    b. a relationship of some sort.

For example if the data was unique to a specific post, then you would use option A.
    If however that data was for say a book author that may appear in many of your posts, then option B makes more sense.

But you would first need to set up one of those methods and once the data is there we point you in the direction of how to display the data.

Karan

Thank you david. Let me download those apps.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You should choose one or the other, as they do very similar things.

Glad to be of help.

Karan

Hello David, as you said. I have stored the data by creating ACF. Now please guide me how to display the social link in the Hero block.

Please check the Screen shot…!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Use a Headline block, set its Dynamic Data to: Post Meta and in the field provided add the ACF field name,

Karan

David I have tried this. Only the “Text” is Working. The Link is not working. Please help me with it.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Karan,

So we can take a closer look at your setup, can you provide admin login credentials?

Please use the Private Information field for this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Point us to where we can find this Headling Block you’ve just added as well.

Karan

Oh okay Sure…!

Fernando
    Customer Support

Thank you! May we know the login link, and the link to where we can see the Headline Block as well?

Karan

Sure

Fernando
    Customer Support

Can you try setting up the Link Source as such?: https://share.getcloudapp.com/OAu2egz8

Karan

Thank You Fernando. It’s Working but i want the link to appear in the social Icon form. Please check the Screen shot for better understanding

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.