[Resolved] How To Add an Edit Button on Posts and Pages in WordPress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How To Add an Edit Button on Posts and Pages in WordPress

Home Forums Support How To Add an Edit Button on Posts and Pages in WordPress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Leon Rowan

When I visit a page or post on the front end of my site, while logged into WP Admin, I want to be able to click a button in the WP toolbar at the top so I can edit the page or post, which saves having to search for the page via the WP admin tools.

Is there any way I can add this please? I have tried editing PHP using Code Snippets plugin. Or do I need to change my theme?

Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Leon,

The edit button should be there by default – it’s a WP core function as far as I understand.

Please see this video for demonstration using my clean install:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/E4MCVSRaXOro

Have you tried disabling all plugins except GP Premium to see if any of your plugins is causing a conflict?

Do you see the edit button when using a Twenty series WP theme?

Leon Rowan

Hello Leo,

Thanks for your prompt and helpful assistance.

I tried disabling GeneratePress and activating the Twenty Twenty Two Theme, without success.

I was about to deactivate my plugins, though this is a slow manual one by one process these days because, oddly, the bulk plugin action drop-down menu no longer includes ‘Deactivate’ (or Delete), when I found a code solution which solves the issue for both pages and posts.

In case it helps anyone else here is the code in input into Code Snippets plugin:

function disable_wpcomtoolbar ( $modules ) {
    if ( isset( $modules[‘masterbar’] ) ) {
    unset( $modules[‘masterbar’] );
    }
    return $modules;
    }
    add_filter( ‘jetpack_get_available_modules’, ‘disable_wpcomtoolbar’ );

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.