[Support request] How to add a sidebar menu that only shows children of parent item

Home Forums Support [Support request] How to add a sidebar menu that only shows children of parent item

Home Forums Support How to add a sidebar menu that only shows children of parent item

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel

Hi,
    Love GP. What’s the best way to add a sidebar menu that only shows children of the parent item? I have a really big menu but want the sidebar to just show the child items. As an example, look at the link in private information. I’d like to show just an About the Trust sidebar menu that would include the following pages:

Mission
    Non Profit Status
    Board of Directors
    Staff
    Trust Protected Communities

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Gabriel,

The menu only shows the items you want already, have you figured it out?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/po3GE7OOZX

Gabriel

No – I figured out how to put that on all of the pages but suppose I have 20 different menus and I want the navigation to automatically appear depending on the parent/child relationship?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not sure I fully understand, I don’t see any child menu items in this specific menu, do I miss anything?

Gabriel

If you mouse over the main menu, you’ll see three categories:

Historic Preservation
    Easements
    Outreach

Then within Historic Preservation you have:

Historic Preservation in the U.S.
    Preservation Organizations
    Preservation News
    Preservation Standards & Guidelines

As an example, I want these four pages above to have a Historic Preservation Side menu with links to these four pages.

And I want that for each subgroup of the menu.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I understand now, but I don’t see a way to do this without custom development.

Maybe try the solution introduced here:
    https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-show-or-hide-widgets-on-specific-wordpress-pages/

Or

you can create a block element, then manually add the child page links to the content area, select hookas element type, select inside_right_sidebar as hook name, in display rule choose the certain page that you want this child page link list to show.

Hope it’s helpful 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.