[Support request] How is the page size so small?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How is the page size so small?

Home Forums Support How is the page size so small?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jack

Hey guys!

I’m relatively new to generatepress here, but what really caught my attention is how the page sizes of the templates are so small.

I downloaded a template from the site library, and ran a gtmetrix scan.

In the scan it showed that the entire page size was about 100kb.

What’s odd is, when I downloaded some of the images off of the site template, I noticed that just one of the images was 173kb.

I use rocket.net for hosting (redis) and flyingpress for browser caching. I understand that maybe with my hosting it might be automatically converted into webp, but I would see webp when hitting save as on the image. So I just don’t understand how the page size can still be so small.

The website is https://jackshelton.com

I just want to understand why that is, so that if I change the content on the page that it is as optimized as possible.

jack

Update: I realize now that I scanned a different page than the one with the image. I understand that GeneratePress is light weight, but it’s incredible to me how fast it loads on WordPress.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP doesn’t do any image compression or conversion. If you’re seeing webP load on the front end then i would suspect a server side optimizer is being used.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.