[Support request] How do you make the top navigation menu item sticky without transparency? (ZEAL)

Home Forums Support [Support request] How do you make the top navigation menu item sticky without transparency? (ZEAL)

Home Forums Support How do you make the top navigation menu item sticky without transparency? (ZEAL)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cedric

I see that there is an option to enable the sticky menu which is good however I cannot find the option to change/disable the transparency of this. I want to make the sticky menu exactly the same as the original (top of the page)

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Cedric,

Sticky navigation background color would be the same as Primary navigation’s parent items background color.

You can go to customizer > color > primary navigation, set parent items background color.

However if you want to use different background color just for sticky navigation, use this CSS:

#sticky-navigation {
        background-color: #d1d1d1;
    }

Btw don’t forget to upload a logo at customizer > layout > sticky navigation > Sticky Navigation Logo.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Cedric

Hi Ying,

Thanks for the reply, I tried to change the setting you mentioned but it ends up changing the background color of the menu names, almost like a highlight for just the words. Please see the screenshot,

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Try this:

nav#sticky-navigation.sticky-navigation-transition {
        background-color: #d1d1d1
        padding: 30px 0;
    }

The padding is optional. It was added so the sticky nav doesn’t look too thin and weird.

Cedric

I apologize I am probably not being specific enough, I will do my best to explain in detail what I am trying to achieve. I need the main and sticky menu to be the exact same.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

1) The main navigation is located in header, so its background color can be set at customizer > colors > header > background color.

2) Add a logo at customizer > layout > sticky navigation > Sticky Navigation Logo.

3) Go to customizer > layout > header > Use Navigation as Header.
    Set sticky navigation menu item height the same as primary navigation.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-as-a-header/

Let us know how it works.

Cedric

customizer > colors > header > only shows Site Title color and no background color. Here is a screenshot: https://imagebin.ca/v/5rXejV53BUTv

Also when I enabled Use Navigation As Header, the main menu background color disappears and just shows titles like this
    https://imagebin.ca/v/5rXg0ntFxFhH

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oh yes, if you enabled use navigation as header, the color options will be gone πŸ™‚

Have you set the menu item background color at customizer > colors > primary navigation > Parent Items > background color?

If you set the color and it doesn’t work, check your Page hero color settings at appearance > elements, find the header element you are using for front page.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.