How do you add a custom sidebar to blog/post page?

Home Forums Support How do you add a custom sidebar to blog/post page?

Home Forums Support How do you add a custom sidebar to blog/post page?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stevonne German

Hi, I have downloaded and added the blog page as the static front page along with my home page. I am having a hard time editing the sidebar. It keeps telling me to go to appearance and then click sidebar location on the front page but there is no option for that. Should I have downloaded something else as well?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

There’s a sidebar option specifically for the Blog Layout in “Appearance > Customize > Layout” called “Blog Layout”.

That option will change the sidebar layout on your blog page.

Let me know 🙂

Stevonne German

Thank you Tom. I figured out how to add the tweets in the sidebar on the blog page. I am still struggling with getting my blog preview page to have the images like you have in your Generate Blog example layout….any suggestions?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Which layout in the example? Floating to the left?

Suzy

Hello,

I can’t seem to change my post page to have a customizable sidebar, its the only page that won’t let me do it. When I go into posts it works just fine but the actual blog page reflects the home screen widget with no option to put in a different sidebar. I use the grapheme theme. Please advise how I can change this.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You may have to check with the Grapheme theme developers – not sure how they handle their sidebar layouts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.