[Resolved] How do I set regular page as Woocommerce Shop page?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How do I set regular page as Woocommerce Shop page?

Home Forums Support How do I set regular page as Woocommerce Shop page?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ash

I’d like to make it look like landing page and do not want to show as product archive format such as product list and so on.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You would have to use a shortcode to display your products on a static page. WooCommerce does have built in shortcodes which can accomplish this: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-shortcodes/

Ash

Hi Tom,
    Actually That’s not it.
    Even if I set blank page as Shop page, it shows product archive layout anyway.
    I want to show content of only wp editor or page builder like regular page does.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’d need to create a new page (not the one you set as the “Shop” in WC settings), and then add your content/products using the shortcode.

Ash

I know I can create custom layout with page builder or shortcodes

Sometimes like if it’s eCommerce only site, I’d like to set home page as Shop page.
    Or sometimes there are only few products in the shop that needs rich visual attention.
    So I need landing page style shop page. product archive layout is kinda lame.

Woocommerce have link/redirection that bring user to shop page, such as on empty cart page.
    This is also problem.

But I just thought now, It may be better to leave shop page as it is and change shop page link/redirection…
    Like this.
    https://nicola.blog/2015/07/20/change-the-return-to-shop-button-url-in-the-cart-page/

What do you think?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea, that’s likely your best bet in this case.

Ash

Thank you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.