[Resolved] How Do I Make Infinite Scroll Work?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How Do I Make Infinite Scroll Work?

Home Forums Support How Do I Make Infinite Scroll Work?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Todd

Hi, I’ve followed the documentation, but don’t see the “infinite scroll” toggle slider like the docs show. I tried adding a Plugin named “Infinite Scroll for GeneratePress and that worked, except it showed the images at a much larger size than the 300 x whatever I have them set for. It seems that there is supposed to be an infinite scroll feature built in, but I cannot find it anywhere. I’d like to implement infinite scroll instead of the “1,2…8”

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Have you tried turning on our built-in infinite scroll option in Customize > Layout > Blog?

If you don’t see it, make sure the Blog module is turned on in “Appearance > GeneratePress”.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Todd

Hi Tom,
    The Blog Module is “Activated” but in Customize > Blog the only options are “Blog Content”, “Masonry”, and “Post Image”. The “Infinite Scroll” isn’t shown.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this document shows the Blog options you should be seeing:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/blog-content-layout/

Are you seeing something different ?

Todd

Hi David, no I cannot see the options described in that article. I’ll try to attach screenshots of what I see.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/45E8Xe98sQBW6N3J7

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Well thats totally different and not what i have seen before – which version of GP Premium do you have installed ?

Todd

Hi David, the theme is GeneratePressVersion: 2.4.2 and the GP Premium plugin indicates that its Version 1.2.72

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah its really out of date – were up to version 1.10
    Do you have an option to update the plugin ?
    If not then you can download the latest version from your Account > Downloads

Todd

Hi David, how do I update it? There’s no indication in the plugin library that its outdated, not any option to check to make sure the most up to date version is installed. The only links take me to your site to buy it again. Do I need to purchase it although I’ve already bought GP Premium?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Todd,

You may need to manually update: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/updating-gp-premium/#manually-updating

Let me know πŸ™‚

Todd

Hi Tom,

Thanks for trying to help, but this thing is all messed up. I tried following the instructions but fail at every step except finding and installing the plugin “Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades”, but the rest of the instructions on that update page aren’t really helping. The biggest problems I can see is that #1 there’s no “update” box where I “activate” with my license key. #2 When I go to my account, the only GP Premium I am able to download is the antiquated version I currently have installed gp-premium-1.10.0.zip

In the license area of my account it reads:

Item Key Status Activations Expiration Manage Sites Upgrades
    GP Premium Active 1 / Unlimited Lifetime Manage Sites No upgrades available

Any ideas how to update an old version of GP Press?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

the one in your Account > Downloads is the latest version – the versioning numbers can look a little confusing – you’re currently on version 1.2 ( one point two ) and the latest is version 1.10 ( one point ten ).

Can you install and enable 1.10 ?

Todd

It worked!!! Thank you so much πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that πŸ™‚

Peter

I am up to date with all plugins and “infinite scroll” does not work properly – never has done – posts go missing when the option is switched on – big chunks. No unusual plugins to conflict.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.