[Support request] How do I know what on my site is using jQuery (and how do I get rid of it)?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How do I know what on my site is using jQuery (and how do I get rid of it)?

Home Forums Support How do I know what on my site is using jQuery (and how do I get rid of it)?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Emil

Hi!

My site is using jQuery and as far as I understand it, it is not good for page speed. I was therefore wondering which functions on my site is using jQuery? Maybe something I can change to avoid using it…

I don’t see it as a big problem right now but I’m about to add ads to the site and I therefore want to make it as speedy as possible before that.

My site is using Woocommerce for showing external affiliate products via short codes on my posts. Is this something that needs jQuery?

/Emil

Alexander

Mind sharing a link to the website? Have you tried setting up a local copy and deactivate jQuery?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I believe WooCommerce requires jQuery.

GeneratePress itself doesn’t require jQuery unless you’ve activated an option that needs it. As of right now, these are those options:

Sticky navigation
    Blog masonry
    Blog infinite scroll

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Emil

Aha ok. Here is my site: https://budgetbröllop.se.

I can try to deactivate jQuery on local to see what happens. But how do I do that in a easy way?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So you are trying to find out where jQuery is coming from?

If so just disable all plugins and enable them one by one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.