[Resolved] How do I hide summary / preview text on homepage?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How do I hide summary / preview text on homepage?

Home Forums Support How do I hide summary / preview text on homepage?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Greg

Hi, currently on my homepage there’s a list of posts with snippets/blurbs of summary text followed by “… Read more” links.

How do I change it so that the summaries are completely gone and it’s just titles (and maybe the dates)?

Thanks so much for any help with this!

– Greg

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Greg,

if you have the Blog module active you can set the Excerpt to 0 in the Customiser > Layout > Blog.

Greg

Awesome, thank you David! I’m so glad Tom found you btw. I totally know what it’s like doing everything by yourself, and it ain’t fun!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I was lost, now i am found lol – helping Leo and Tom is an honour. Glad i could help!

Eric

Hi David,

It looks like this parameters doesn’t work right now. I am using the last version of GP and WordPress (on a website in french)
    Customizer > Blog > Blog Content.
    I set “Extract”, and whaverer the number of lines I set (0, 1, 10), the full extract is displayed.

Instead, I had to use
    .entry-summary {
    display: none;
    }

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that option only applies when if is the automatically generated Excerpt – it doesn’t apply to the Manual Excerpt or when the Read More link is being used.

Eric

Oh… that’s why…
    I don’t see why this decision was made, I guess there is a good reason.
    Thank you David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Its the way WordPress works.
    It checks to see if there is a Manual excerpt or a Read More.
    If there is it displays it.
    If not it takes the post content and passes it through a trim words function and displays that.

The reason is because both Manual and Read More allows the user to decide what to display for each post.
    Overriding that with the word count would make both options unnecessary 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.