[Resolved] How do I get the "search results" page to show images next to post excerpt?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How do I get the "search results" page to show images next to post excerpt?

Home Forums Support How do I get the "search results" page to show images next to post excerpt?

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Todd

Search results page shows posts that are relevant, but no thumbnail of an image from the post next to it… How do I get the “search results” page to show images next to post excerpt?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Your posts need to be using a featured image: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-featured-images/

Todd

Cool! So that did work and featured images show up in the search results. Is there anyway to get them to only show thumbnails in the search results instead of the full size header style images?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can use the featured image settings in the Customizer: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adjusting-the-featured-images/

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Todd

Hi Tom, I’ve looked through the info you provided. Thank you for your help. I couldn’t find a setting as described, but it seems that would only apply to the featured image. That’s already okay. But after much reading, I would guess I need a “filter” to add in the CSS? For example, something that is coded so there’s a thumbnail 150×150 or whatever size that shows up on search results.

I’ve got no idea how to do that and would not want to experiment too much for fear I’ll break it.

Any suggestions? What would it cost to have that created?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any reason you don’t want to just set your featured image size in the Customizer options there? Perhaps you only want the thumbnail size to display on search results and not other archive pages?

Todd

Thank you Tom! That cleaned it up a great deal. I wasn’t aware that the change to Blog Post Image size would not effect the blog post page. Once I learned that the Featured Image, is the same thing as the Blog Post Image in Customize settings, and then tested it on a couple of posts, everything went smooth. Wish I would have known that sooner.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help!

In the latest version of GP Premium those options are labeled “Featured Image” to make it more clear.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.