[Resolved] How do I enter text into blog posts?

Home Forums Support How do I enter text into blog posts?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lori

I have GP Premium and created a single post blog template using Elementor Pro. The design is working on the 4 test blog posts I created, but I thought I would enter all the dynamic information in GP. When I add a new post, it’s a blank canvas. The title shows up on the post page, and the featured image. But the content boxes and a sub header I put in the design – not there. Where do I find and enter the actual blog post text content? I saw a few videos explaining how to create the single post template, and there are fields to enter the information in GP, I don’t have this on a new post page in GP. I may have accidentally deleted the GP template, but I can’t figure out where. I was planning on using GP to enter my blogs using the single post template created in Elementor Pro. Would the elements inserted in the EP template – like text and heading – show up on the GP post page as fields to enter? I’m a noob, Help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Elementor Pro Post templates override what is displayed on the Front End.
    The WordPress post editor DOES NOT display the template.
    Create a new post – give it a title, enter some content in the WordPress post editor and then preview it – you should see it displayed as per your Elementor template.

Lori

Ok I was looking for the template visually but it does not show up got it, thanks! How do I get a dynamic sub header to show up? I have it in the template design, and in WP post page I added a block for the header. The published post has the sub header element with the generic text from the widget. The text I wrote in the GP block is there under it as well. I was hoping the H2 text would be pulled into the Header design place. Thank you!

Lori

I figured out how to do what I want using custom fields. Took all day but I’m happy to get this figured out. Thanks for your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.