[Resolved] How Do I enter Java script cart coding info into my nav menu bars?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How Do I enter Java script cart coding info into my nav menu bars?

Home Forums Support How Do I enter Java script cart coding info into my nav menu bars?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jason

I was able to use the custom link in menus to add the actual cart image with <i class=”fa fa-shopping-cart” aria-hidden=”true”></i>

But I would like to add the below cart info to display on my site when people add actual items to the cart, the amounts update in real time to the amount. How do i add the below script to the nav menu bar?

I changed my actual cart numbers to all 000000,

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You wouldn’t add scripts into your menu items, you would want to add it to the wp_footer hook in GP Hooks.

Jason

then how do I point it back to my menu nav bar?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s up to whatever is in those javascript files.

You might want to try a plugin: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/multiple-static-frontpage-selected-posts-on-frontpage/#post-157558

Jason

How does puting the code in the footer get it on the nav bar? that doesn’t make any sense at all.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s not how javascript works. The code itself targets the elements it needs to change – you can place it wherever you like and it won’t make a difference. The footer is just best practice when it comes to JS.

Jason

ok thanks,

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.