[Resolved] How do I display recent posts on Home page in middle content section?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How do I display recent posts on Home page in middle content section?

Home Forums Support How do I display recent posts on Home page in middle content section?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mikuak Rai

Hi GP… I want to be able to display ‘recent posts’ excerpts in the middle ‘content’ section on my Home page while the left and right sidebars display their respective widgets. I’m hoping that when new posts are made, they will automatically update to this middle ‘content’ section on the Home page. I’ve attempted to go to Customize – Set Front Page – Front Page Displays – and selecting Your Latest Posts (instead of static), but when I do that, I lose the Home Page layout settings for Sidebar / Content / Sidebar.

Also, I want to be sure that when someone clicks on the Header logo image that it takes them back to the Home Page. I hope this makes sense.

The temporary website address in question is: http://50.87.160.30/~icdrintl/home/

Thanks for the assistance!

Mikuak Rai

Hi again… I think I figured it out. By putting the left sidebar in the middle (and making it 50%), I am able to display recent posts in a widget. I can make the far left area a ‘content’ section for the Home page, and apply that information accordingly. If you have any other suggestions, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The first thing you tried should do it – you’ll lose the page sidebar layout, but you can set the blog sidebar layout right next to the other option in “Customize > Layout”.

So, set your front page to display posts, and then adjust the blog sidebar layout to your desired layout.

Hope this helps 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.