[Support request] How do I control the contents of my primary navigation bar?

Home Forums Support [Support request] How do I control the contents of my primary navigation bar?

Home Forums Support How do I control the contents of my primary navigation bar?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Allen

Every time I create a new page, it shows up in my navigation bar, whether it’s appropriate or not.

I don’t want the login page to show up on the navigation bar, if a member is already logged in. I don’t want admin pages to be visible to members who are not admins.

I am not sure how the navigation bar is populated. Is there some way to edit the contents directly, or do I need to address the issue on some other level?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Allen

I already know how to make a menu. But the navigation bar provided by your theme does not appear to be a regular menu. It gets populated automatically when new pages are created. I suppose I could get rid of it, and make myself a menu, but I’d really like to know how I can use what is there.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

But the navigation bar provided by your theme does not appear to be a regular menu.

The theme uses the default WordPress menu system.

It gets populated automatically when new pages are created.

That is how the WordPress menu system work by default.

Have you tried creating a menu with the desired items, then assigned it to the Primary Menu?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#setting-a-theme-location

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.