[Resolved] How do I change the background image on footer (Grill theme)?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How do I change the background image on footer (Grill theme)?

Home Forums Support How do I change the background image on footer (Grill theme)?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Theodore

Hi,

I just installed the “Grill” theme from the GeneratePress theme library. But the problem I’m having now is that I want to change the background image on the footer widget area. Below is a screenshot of the image:

2019-12-17_1852

Please, how can I change the image? I was able to edit the content but couldn’t find a way to change the image.

Thanks in advance.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Try Customizer > Background Images > Footer.

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Theodore

Thanks, it sure did help.

Theodore

One more thing please, how can I add featured images to specific categories?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

by default you cannot add featured images to categories in WordPress.
    You can create separate Header Elements for each of the Category archives and assign a Custom Image to them:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

April

I’m having this same problem except there I see no option in the customizer for “Background Images.” Any suggestions? (I’m looking under Appearance – Customize)

April

Whoops, just realized I didn’t have “Backgrounds” activated in GP.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you import Grill recently?

If so that section has been updated to use GenerateBlocks.

You can click on that section in the Edit page screen and change the background image:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/bYRjk0aV

April

Aha, ok! I’m looking at it as a hook in Elements (I’m using the theme “Coach” but I’m guessing it’s the same). With most of the containers, it was showing the background image as empty. Got it working.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I change the background image on footer (Grill theme)?’ is closed to new replies.