[Resolved] How do I activate download of addons

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How do I activate download of addons

Home Forums Support How do I activate download of addons

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Heather Wright

I’m already using the generate press theme and I purchased the addons. How do I apply them to the theme? I have the download sitting in my computer but how do I get that information to my wordpress site? I don’t have a licence key. Do I need one? When I go to customize it goes to the sales page again. I’m sure I’ve missed something simple here. Any help will be appreciated.

Heather Wright

A new problem: I found the instructions and uploaded, activated, saved. The new plugins all show as active. All the boxes with the plugin titles are green BUT now when I click on Customize I get this message:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Heather,

Here are the instructions:

Instructions:

1. Download the .zip files and save them to your computer – don’t bother unzipping them.
    2. From your Dashboard, go to “Plugins > Add New”.
    3. Click Upload at the top, browse and select .zip file you saved from this email.
    4. Activate the plugin, if not automatically done.

To activate License Key:

1. Go to “Appearance > GeneratePress”.
    2. Enter in the above license key and save your changes.
    3. Once saved, click the “Activate License” button next to the license key field.

When you purchased you received license keys for each addon in your email – you can also find them by going to your account on this website.

The error you’re receiving has been happening to some users with low memory hosting – we have an update for the addon taking up too much memory (Typography) which fixes this issue, we’re just running a couple more tests before releasing the update today.

If you’d like to email me at support@generatepress.com with your URL, username and password, I can apply this update for you and fix that error.

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚
    Tom

Andrew Duggan

I can’t find where you enter in the License Keys. I can see the section called license keys but not the license key entry field itself.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Andrew,

Once the plugin is activated you should see the field.

Take a look at this video: http://www.generatepress.com/install-activate-addon/

Let me know if that doesn’t work for you.

Tom

Gert-Jan van Maris

The GeneratePress tab does not show up for me
    Never mind the Tab showd up when i downloaded a theme

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So you’re seeing it now? ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.