[Support request] How do I achieve this certain Email opt in form

Home Forums Support [Support request] How do I achieve this certain Email opt in form

Home Forums Support How do I achieve this certain Email opt in form

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Dylan

I would like to have a particular email opt in on my website and im not sure how to do this. I hope anyone can help. The website name I want the email opt in is from http://www.lilpeep.party I hope to hear from you whenever possible

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That website is using MailChimp:
    https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-for-wp/

Dylan

I know he is using mail chimp for his email im just curious if I must use code inside of mailchimp to achieve this look or if I must use code inside of generate press. I hope to hear from you whenever possible! thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not seeing one being added to your current site?

If you add it in then I can try to help with some CSS.

Dylan

I will try to add it soon and Ill get back to you thank you!

Dylan

Hey Leo I recently added my Email opt-in form on my website but It shows up in my footer and that’s not where I would like it to be. How would I be able to put it anywhere on the body section of my homepage, would I need a child theme and insert html code inside of that or is it something else. I would like my email form to look like the one from http://www.lilpeep.party I hope you can help me with this, hope to here from you whenever possible

Dylan

Also Leo is it possible for you to send a picture of what my website looks like on your end I’d appreciate it! My website is https://www.jankiemusic.com

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like you are really close already.

This CSS should make it so the button is the same size as the field:

#mc_embed_signup input.button {
        min-width: 130px;
    }

As for placement, if it’s just HTML then you can just add it straight into content and no child theme needed.

Once you add the CSS in I can take a screenshot for sure 🙂

Dylan

Thank you for the CSS on the size of the button. Im still confused on where you said just add it straight to content, do you mind being a little more specific if possible, I had to create the signup form from mailchimp and take the code given with it, I copied the code and tried to paste it inside of the generate press customizer at the bottom where it said Additional CSS but when I did that I received 23 errors, Im not sure where to go inside of the theme to add the CSS to the content page. And if I must add the CSS into the Theme Editor, where inside of the editor should I add it. I hope this makes sence im just not very technical at all haha hope to hear back from you whenever possible!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you share the code on here?

Dylan

<!– Begin MailChimp Signup Form –>
    <link href=”//cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/slim-10_7.css” rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css”>
    <style type=”text/css”>
    #mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; width:100px;}
    /* Add your own MailChimp form style overrides in your site stylesheet or in this style block.
    We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. */
    </style>

<form action=”https://jankiemusic.us18.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=3def0bd6bd2188d486afb972f&id=8c96284502&#8243; method=”post” id=”mc-embedded-subscribe-form” name=”mc-embedded-subscribe-form” class=”validate” target=”_blank” novalidate>

<input type=”email” value=”” name=”EMAIL” class=”email” id=”mce-EMAIL” placeholder=”email address” required>
    <!– real people should not fill this in and expect good things – do not remove this or risk form bot signups–>

<input type=”text” name=”b_3def0bd6bd2188d486afb972f_8c96284502″ tabindex=”-1″ value=””>
    <input type=”submit” value=”Subscribe” name=”subscribe” id=”mc-embedded-subscribe” class=”button”>

</form>

<!–End mc_embed_signup–>

Dylan

This is the code from mailchimp

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What happens if you add that in to the page content along with your other content?

Dylan

This is what my content-page.php file looks like:

<?php
    /**
    * The template used for displaying page content in page.php
    * @package GeneratePress
    */

if ( ! defined( ‘ABSPATH’ ) ) {
    exit; // Exit if accessed directly.
    }
    ?>

<article id=”post-<?php the_ID(); ?>” <?php post_class(); ?> <?php generate_article_schema( ‘CreativeWork’ ); ?>>

<?php
    /**
    * generate_before_content hook.
    * @since 0.1
    * @hooked generate_featured_page_header_inside_single – 10
    */
    do_action( ‘generate_before_content’ );

if ( generate_show_title() ) : ?>

<header class=”entry-header”>
    <?php the_title( ‘<h1 class=”entry-title” itemprop=”headline”>’, ‘</h1>’ ); ?>
    </header><!– .entry-header –>

<?php endif;

/**
    * generate_after_entry_header hook.
    * @since 0.1
    * @hooked generate_post_image – 10
    */
    do_action( ‘generate_after_entry_header’ );
    ?>

<?php
    the_content();

wp_link_pages( array(
    ‘before’ => ‘

‘,
    ) );
    ?>

<!– .entry-content –>

<?php
    /**
    * generate_after_content hook.
    * @since 0.1
    */
    do_action( ‘generate_after_content’ );
    ?>

<!– .inside-article –>
    </article><!– #post-## –>

Should I paste it in here? is that where you were wanting me to paste it?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No. Not content.php.

You are using Elementor on the home page, what if you insert the code directly into Elementor?

If not then you might need to check with MailChimp’s support to see what’s the best way to insert the form into the content instead of using a widget.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.