[Resolved] How can you remove a strip below the primary navigation toolbar?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How can you remove a strip below the primary navigation toolbar?

Home Forums Support How can you remove a strip below the primary navigation toolbar?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    locate-australian

Hi,

I would like to remove a strip below the primary navigation toolbar on our Generate Press theme. I am not a web developer but I have gone through our WordPress customisation options & I can change the colour of the strip below the toolbar by going into Colours > Body > Background Color, but I can not find another customisation option that will change the strip, which I would ideally like to remove.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards, L.A.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

locate-australian

Hi Leo,

Thank you for your quick reply :). I have added the website URLs (live & a staging site) in the private information field for you.

Kind regards, L.A.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

I’ve checked your site and you seem to have an extra space and a . within your Header Element’s code area. https://share.getcloudapp.com/eDuwGK1D

Removing this within the code area there should solve the issue.

locate-australian

Thank you so much Elvin!!!

I followed your advice & by watching the Cloud App video you supplied I was able to change the code & remove the extra space :).

Thank you again!

Kind regards, L.A.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nice one. Glad you got it sorted. 🙂

locate-australian

Hi Elvin,

The strip has now returned, even though the code has been removed & the strip is now being counted as part of the ‘Hero Page’.

I only deleted the code from the ‘Inspect’ page, will I need to make the changes at the .php file level?

Lastly, I am not a developer so I appreciate your insight & instructions :).

Kind regards.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

As mentioned in one of my previous replies, it’s in your Header Element’s code area.

Go to Appearance > Elements and edit the Header Element that’s being used on the page you’re working on. You should find a . and a line break which you can remove and then save.

locate-australian

Thank you, I did not know where the code could be edited.

I followed your instructions, Appearance > Elements & the Homepage Header element but it only displays the following code:

.[wds id=”1″]

Can the extra line break & ‘.’ be fixed using CSS?

Kind regards.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

.[wds id=”1″] has a . on the left side of the shortcode. That’s what you’re seeing.

You can remove it as it’s not necessary for the shortcode to work. It’s a stray string.

locate-australian

Thank you so much Elvin.

I just removed the ‘.’ from the shortcode & it worked :).

Kind regards, L.A.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. glad you got it sorted. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.