[Resolved] How can I change the background color and size?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How can I change the background color and size?

Home Forums Support How can I change the background color and size?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    jordi

If I know that I do not have the latest version, I’m afraid of losing the changes made in the child theme, the last time I update the changes were lost

Leo, in the child theme I only have the files function.php, style.css and jquery.fitvids.js, I would have something more to avoid the changes I made in the theme as the automatic signature at the end of the post, The menu of uber menu etcc …..

A million thanks for the help

regards

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not quite sure what you meant?

You won’t lose anything in your child theme if you update the parent theme and plugin.
    Just need to make sure that you’ve not made any changes in the parent theme that you would like to keep.

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-child-theme/

jordi

Ok Leo, first I have to make copies of all the files, then I’ll make the updates, when I have it I’ll let you know

Thank you

jordi

Hi Leo,

I have been doing some catualizations and I do not remember if I put everything on the topic son, I made a copy of the public html folder, is there anything else I can do before updating to make sure I will not lose any changes?

Thank you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jordi,

If you’re updating GeneratePress and you’re worried you made changes to the core code, simply take a backup of the /wp-content/themes/generatepress folder.

If you’re updating GP Premium, take a backup of the /wp-content/plugins/gp-premium folder.

That way you have copies of the files if you did make changes to them for some reason.

jordi

Hello Tom,

A pleasure talking to you

I have copies of what you say, I have not updated for some time because of the fear, I already told you how it went

regards

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Couple more updates coming today to fix a couple bugs, but nothing major.

Once you update, just make sure all future changes are done in a child theme or plugin – leave the core files alone ๐Ÿ˜‰

jordi

Tom a question before pressing the hehe button

In the home clubtheriver.com the header image does not change size when we change the browser zoom, which function does this? I say it to see if I have it in the theme or in the child theme

Thank you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Pretty sure it’s this CSS you’ve added (to the parent theme):

body .grid-container {
        max-width: inherit !important;
    }

Make sure all CSS you’ve added to the core files has been added to your child theme, or things will look different when you update.

jordi

Hello Tom,

A question before starting the update

I attach an image with part of the CSS of my main theme this code is an added code that I should copy to the child theme, right?
    https://postimg.org/image/h4yppfa3d/

Thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any codes that are currently added to the parent theme/core files need to be copied over to the child theme ๐Ÿ™‚

jordi

Hi leo

My question was if that code was the parent theme or added code

I’ll update the theme

Now I tell you the result

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s your code, you should add it to your child theme.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That looks like added code for sure.

jordi

Thanks for the help guys, I’ll press the button

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.