[Resolved] How can I adjust header?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] How can I adjust header?

Home Forums Support How can I adjust header?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Armin

Hey there, my website is http://www.paleo-fit.de and as you can see my header image is WAYY too big. I tried to replace my header title with this image but I don’t know how to adjust the image’s height. The image originally has a height of 150px but when I uploaded it, this happened. I went through the tutorials but I am still clueless….What to do?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

It looks like your image needs to be cropped to reduce the amount of white-space around the actual logo.

If you don’t have an image editor to crop the image (Photoshop, Gimp etc..), you can use the WordPress image editor to crop the image to your desired size: http://en.support.wordpress.com/images/image-editing/

Let me know if you need more help πŸ™‚
    Tom

Armin

Thanks, I thought I already adjusted that but it seems like I didn’t. Now the image’s height is adjusted to 120 px but the header is still bigger than that. Is there any way I can still compress it a little bit?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The editor also has a scaling function which will allow you to scale the image down and size it as you like.

Tom

Ken

Hi,

I’ve resized and cropped but I still have space. Any idea?

Ken

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Ken,

Space around the header?

There’s padding set in the header.

Try this CSS:

.inside-header {
          padding: 0;
    }

Or you can try our Spacing add-on – it allows you to adjust the above and a lot more.

Thanks!

Ken

Thanks…worked great.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome πŸ™‚

Dennis

Is it possible to remove the inline CSS code or modify it? Where is it generated? I Can’t find it for the life of me. In particular this is effecting my Header. I want the header to be “contained” but want it max width (without the padding).

In Short, where is the inline CSS hiding?

Thanks,

Dennis

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Dennis,

Which inline CSS?

You can write your own CSS that will override the core CSS using a plugin like the one in my signature below.

Dennis

.inside-header {padding-top: 40px; padding-right: 40px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-left: 40px; }

This is automatically generated and I’m not sure from where and obviously trumps the style.css.

I will check into the plugin you referenced.

Thanks for your quick reply Tom.

-Dennis

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That CSS is generated by the Customizer – you could adjust that specific CSS using the Spacing add-on, or you can override it with your own CSS in the plugin below πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.