[Resolved] Horizontal Centering of Logo while keeping background 'boxes' flush with top

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Horizontal Centering of Logo while keeping background 'boxes' flush with top

Home Forums Support Horizontal Centering of Logo while keeping background 'boxes' flush with top

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris

Hi, I couldn’t find what I’m looking for in the support. Though I’m not sure exactly how to reference the issue.

I’m having two issues:

1 – In the Primary Nav, the Items/Links with a dropdown have a little more hight (seem to go 1-3 px lower) than those without drop-downs.

Related to this, or looking at it the other way, the links without the drop-down are a bit ‘shorter’. This means there’s a 1-3 px gap between the Primary nav and the image below it.

I’d like to have all the nav items/links (backgrounds) the same hight. And, I’d like that to be flush with the image below.

How can I fix this?

2 – In order to get the Primary Nav flush with the browser, I removed the padding. When this is done, the Logo is also flush with the browser. I don’t want this.

Is there a way to horizontally center the Logo? Or, do I need to guess how much white-space to add to the Logo Img and upload it that way?

Thanks

PS to Admins. I didn’t add my URL because it’s in Maintenance mode and can’t be seen anyway.

Below is a couple screenshots of the header.

Header Pics

GP Premium 1.6.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

It’s difficult for us to provide the best suggestion when we can’t see the site live.

Looking at the screenshots, I believe the link below provides a better method to achieve the layout you are going for:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/navigation-logo/#navigation-as-header

Can you give it a shot?

If this doesn’t help then any chance you can add the URL in and disable maintenance mode so we can see the site?

Chris

That did it.

Just had to move the nav out of the header and add the logo; plus a couple tweaks.

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.