[Support request] Hooks in Sidebar (With Priority)

Home Forums Support [Support request] Hooks in Sidebar (With Priority)

Home Forums Support Hooks in Sidebar (With Priority)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jose

Hey Guys, I’m trying to include an advertising slot below an element that was created with the hook after the right sidebar. I have something else, so set the priority to 5 and 10… but for some reason it does not appear… → https://eqor.is/tqFDnu

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Would it work if you add the code as sidebar widgets?

Jose

Yes… but the padding for the sidebar widget would cause the add to be cuttoff, which is why I was using elements, plus I need to use the logged in / logged out user function (which is cool btw, as I can avoid a plugin called extended widget options).

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I wonder if one element is overwriting another.

What if you add them under the same element with the order you wanted?

Can you also disable your caching plugin first?

Jose

Not sure what you meant by “What if you add them under the same element with the order you wanted?”

I have given two different priorities… 5 & 10.

Jose

I also deactivated the cache plugin, dont think it is that. As the word [advertisement] should display even if the ad doesn’t display.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Couldn’t you add all of that content into one hook instead of having them in two separate hooks?

Jose

I was wondering if that would be a solution, but one was for logged out users. I made the change to put in one element, so it’s working now. But that is not how the priorities should work right?

Jose

On another note, I’m seeing if I can use elements to replace “widget options plugin” – given that its a paid plugin. Can we do a fixed position (like fixed widget) using elements?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you sure those shortcodes in the missing Element are working? Does the Element work if you disable the second one?

You can make an Element sticky, but you’ll need to use CSS (position: sticky) on the class name, or you can use a plugin (Sticky Menu or Anything is a popular one).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.