[Support request] Homepage – the latest post is not displaying

Home Forums Support [Support request] Homepage – the latest post is not displaying

Home Forums Support Homepage – the latest post is not displaying

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Luke

Hi

I have a similar problem that I had last time when I published a post on my blog. Namely the latest post is not showing up on the Homepage.

What I did first I Deactivated all plugins. Once they were Deactivated I cleared the browsing History in the browser and then checked my blog, however the latest post was still not showing up on the Homepage.

I then cleared the Cache. I’m using Siteground so I can clear the cache myself. I also cleared the Cache on Cloudflare because I’m using Cloudflare, but nothing helped.

I then decided to change the theme from GP to Twenty Eleven. However I’ve noticed that despite changing the Theme the Homepage of my blog didn’t change, it was still displaying the GP theme instead of Twenty Eleven. I cleared the browsing history and used Incognito Mode, but the Homepage, despite changing the theme, was still displaying the same theme, i.e. GP. However when I clicked on any other post on my blog then all the posts were displayed in the Twenty Eleven theme. Only the Homepage for some reason didn’t change the Theme and it was still GP instead of Twenty Eleven.

Do you know what’s going on? I don’t remember now if the same thing was happening to me when I used a different theme. However I’ve also noticed that the latest post is showing up on the Homepage but with a delay. For example 2 days later.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the first post i am seeing is: Can Meditation Help with Chronic Lower Back Pain?

Which says to me that there is a localised caching issue.
    This could be your browser, your router or your ISP.
    Try visiting it in an incognito/private browser.

Luke

Hi

Yes, this is the post you should be seeing as the first one because I published it today.

I always check in an Incognito Mode on different browsers and I always see a different post, the one about Chakras.

I talked to my hosting support a few hours ago and they saw they same as me, i.e. the first post was the one about Chakras. How is it possible that you see the latest post as the first one on the Homepage and the people from my hosting support and I, we see a different post? I don’t know what’s going on here. It looks like it’s not only on my end.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m seeing this as the first post as well:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/n3xeGP0Br

Had to hard clear my browser cache though which isn’t very normal.

I would think David is correct about the caching issue mentioned above.

Luke

Had to hard clear my browser cache though which isn’t very normal.

I understand you had to clear your cache to be able to see the latest post on my blog? I did it as well but it didn’t help, I’m still not seeing my latest post.

David said that probably it’s a localised caching issue? Does it mean it’s got something to do with the geographical area I live in?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does it mean it’s got something to do with the geographical area I live in?

It shouldn’t be. I would assume it has something to do with your server cache or some plugin cache.

I would recommend checking with Cloudflare support to see if they are able to identify the reason.

Luke

I’ve just noticed that when I log into my blog then I can see my latest post on the Homepage. Once I log out it’s not on the Homepage any longer. I’ll wait a few days and see if it finally appears on the Homepage. I think it will.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’ve just noticed that when I log into my blog then I can see my latest post on the Homepage.

That generally means it’s a caching issue if it helps at all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.