[Resolved] Homepage question on Library site template

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Homepage question on Library site template

Home Forums Support Homepage question on Library site template

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MARTA

Hi,

I downloaded the Mellow template from the liste library for my website. I am new to creating websites so I would like to know how is the Homepage created for this template. I cannot see any homepage on the Pages section in WP. When I click on the logo it redirects me to some kind of homepage but in fact I cannot see that page in WP. Thanks for your help. Marta

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

So the home page is the Blog – which is an automatic function of WordPress and is set in Dashboard > Settings > Reading –> Home Page: Display Latest posts.

Are you wanting to display your Posts on the home page or would you rather have a normal page to add your own content?

MARTA

Thanks David. I won’t like to display my posts on the homepage, I would like a normal page to add my own content. Is the Blog a Page? If so, I wasn’t able to see it under Pages.

As a matter of fact I messed the site up. I wanted to install the site library template again but for some reason the Elements, images and pages are not importing now. How can I reset and import the site again? Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If your ok with deleting all content and putting the site back to a clean install then install the WP Reset plugin:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-reset/

Before doing the Reset delete all Images in the Dashboard > Media library. This makes sure they are removed from the WordPress database.

MARTA

Thanks, I installed the plug-in. My website looks the same as before, is it normal? Can I import the Mellow template now?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You need to activate the reset.
    Go to Dashboard > Tools > WP Reset – and follow the instructions there. Once that is done you’re site should look like it did before importing the Site Library. You may need to clear your browser caches if it doesn’t change.

MARTA

Thanks so much, I am resolving this ticket

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.