[Support request] Homepage posts starting number

Home Forums Support [Support request] Homepage posts starting number

Home Forums Support Homepage posts starting number

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David

Hi,

I use Settings -> Reading Settings -> Your latest posts

I also use a GP Hook to display a WPSP shortcode for the first ten most recent posts.

After this the regular latest posts show.

How can I not show them twice, in other words, start the default posts numbering at 11.

Thank you for your time.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

offsetting post start from the main post loop is a nightmare when the archive has navigation, the offset can cause all sorts or problems with pagination. WP doesn’t make it easy and we have yet to find a simple fix for that.

The alternative method that works with pagination is to assign a category to the posts, that can be used for the WP Show Posts list and exclude them from the loop – example on how can be seen here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-accomplish-similar-to-this/#post-1381492

David

Well. Then it makes sense for me to try the GenerateBlocks Pro (already purchased) and try out a template along with static front-page using WP Show Posts for dynamic content.

Thank You.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah sorry there isn’t an easier solution for this, we have made several attempts to get offsetting to work in other topics but WP doesn’t give in lol

David

No, I got it. Much better with WPSP and GBP! Thank You.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear that!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.