[Resolved] Homepage layout

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Homepage layout

Home Forums Support Homepage layout

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Artem

Hi GP Team,
    I’m new to WordPress but have some basic knowledge of HTML/CSS.
    I need to build a homepage with the following layout:

homepage layout

Could you, please, recommend what’s the best way to do this with GP premium. HTML, sections, plugins, particular site from site library?
    Many thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You’d need to do quite a bit of custom HTML and CSS to create a layout like that unfortunately.

If you aren’t that comfortable with coding, I’d recommend looking into a page builder option like Beaver Builder or Elementor.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Artem

Thanks, Leo.
    I want to avoid using page builders.
    In this case, do you recommend using SECTIONS or just code from scratch in the content area?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there

if you’re confident with HTML and CSS then i would code from scratch in the content area.

Artem

Thanks a lot, David. You guys are doing a fantastic job with your 5-star support.

I’m doing my coding right now, and, as usual, questions appear while doing.

I will have a NEWS page with “short news” and a BLOG page with “long reads”. I imagine that these should be posts within different categories.

Question 1.
    How can I show the “NEWS category posts” on a NEWS page and “LONG REEDS category posts” on a Blog page? Should I use the WP Show Posts plugin?

Question 2.
    The “Latest News” section in my front page layout should be dynamically updated with the titles of the latest news – not the latest long reeds posts. How can I achieve this?

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The WP Show Posts plugin is the way to go.
    It solves both Q1 and Q2 – as you can set the Category you wish to display and the number of posts to show, and it will display the latest list of posts.

Artem

Many thanks, David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.