[Support request] Homepage layout masonry grid

Home Forums Support [Support request] Homepage layout masonry grid

Home Forums Support Homepage layout masonry grid

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Tara

Hi,

I have a 2 column setup for posts on my homepage in a masonry grid, but I’m trying to make them bigger so that they take up more white space. Right now there’s a large empty white sidebar on the right of the homepage, and I’d like the images in the masonry grid to be bigger and fill up more of the white space while still being aligned.

Is there a way to do that? Here is my site:

http://www.japanstylelife.com

Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tara,

To clarify: I believe you’re trying to make the columns go full-width of its container like this? -https://share.getcloudapp.com/2Nul7gw2

If this is the case, you’ll have to disable the right sidebar on the page so the post list content occupies the space provided for it.

You can do that by using Layout Element’s Sidebar layout tab – https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/#sidebar

Create a Layout element, set the sidebar setting to “Content(no sidebars)” and set the display rule location to the page in question. (in this case, front page or home page).

Tara

Hi, yes that’s exactly right, trying to make the columns go full-width. I will try following your suggestions today, thank you so much!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Let us know if you need further help.

Tara

Hi again,

I did what you said and it did fix the width problem, however they are still not aligned evenly on the homepage, not sure why.

If you scroll down the homepage you can see that they’re not lined up evenly and look weird.

You can see what I mean:

https://www.japanstylelife.com/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you referring to the spacing between each post?

Can you disable any caching or minifying plugin you are using?

Thanks.

Tara

Hi,

I’d like the post images on the homepage to be aligned next to each other horizontally on the same line, whereas right now if you scroll down there are some images higher than others with some below them.

I disabled my cache plugin.

Thanks

Tara

And yes I’d also like to minimize the white space in between each row of images on the homepage, there’s a lot of white space underneath each row of images.

Thanks so much!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you disable Site Ground optimizer as well?

Thanks.

Tara

Hi there,

Ok i went ahead and deactivated the siteground optimizer as well.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So it looks like the massive space between each post issue is resolved.

Can you confirm that as well?

Tara

Hi, yes! The massive space between each post is resolved, that’s great thank you!

I am still wondering if there’s a way to make the posts line up more side-by-side horizontally? Right now some post images are higher or lower than others when you scroll down the homepage.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Right now some post images are higher or lower than others when you scroll down the homepage.

That’s what masonry does. It makes the post not lined up on purpose so there are no weird gaps between posts if some posts have shorter contents than the ones around them.

If you want to make them line up, you may have to disable masonry completely. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tara

Oh OK good to know, thank you so much!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Glad to be of any help. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.