[Support request] Home Page – Want 1x Large Featured Post, 2x Medium Featured Posts, Recent Posts

Home Forums Support [Support request] Home Page – Want 1x Large Featured Post, 2x Medium Featured Posts, Recent Posts

Home Forums Support Home Page – Want 1x Large Featured Post, 2x Medium Featured Posts, Recent Posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Patrick

Firstly, I absolutely LOVE GeneratePress … recently converted from Genesis, couldn’t be happier, and just upgraded to a lifetime Premium license during the sale. So, thank you!

Secondly, I prefer simply tweaking the main theme and not using a child.

The Problem: Here is what I’m trying to do and I know it has to be much simpler than I am making it.

Homepage: I like the minimalist look and pagination of a “your latest posts” homepage. But, I would like to add 1x large Featured Post (featured post #1) and then 2x side-by-side medium featured posts (featured posts #2 and #3) before the latest posts section starts (something simple like on the Engadget home page).

Is there a way to do this without having to use a child theme? Maybe some CSS I can add somewhere?

Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ˜‰

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Just to confirm, so basically you want to change the 2nd and 3rd posts to 50% width in your current posts layout?

Patrick

Well, I am going to shrink down all of the recent posts … I just want to be able to add a large first featured post, and then 2 side by side medium size featured posts, then I will have smaller recent posts all the way down … like Engadget.com. It’s simple, and many child themes offer it, I was just hoping to be able to add some quick code somewhere so that I wouldn’t have to use a child theme ๐Ÿ˜‰

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That layout isn’t that simple to create unfortunately.

Your best bet is to use a plugin like WP Show Posts and insert it in a header element:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

Our Dispatch template in the site library uses a similar idea:
    https://gpsites.co/dispatch/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.