[Resolved] Home page newbie problem.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Home page newbie problem.

Home Forums Support Home page newbie problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Barry Smith

Hi Tom
    I’m very new to WordPress etc, and apologies in advance for my ignorance. I’m enjoying using – and learning – GP, but somehow seem to have generated two Home pages – one (phantom) one when I ‘visit site’, which shows ‘Nothing found and Ready to publish your first post etc.’ (which I don’t want), and my (proper) Home page that is linked to my Home page from the menu.

What have I done, and how can I get rid of the phantom one – which isn’t showing in the menu list – please? Apologies again for the basic stuff.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Barry,

Go to Customizer > Set Front Page. Set Front page displays to A static page. Choose your proper Home page under Front Page and your Blog page under Posts page. Let me know if this is what you are after.
    Wordpress can definitely be very confusing when you first start ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Once the above is done, you can remove the wrong menu item from your menu in “Appearance > Menus” and make sure your proper home page is added ๐Ÿ™‚

Barry Smith

Thanks for that guys, I’m getting there slowly.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome. Things will be easier once you are over the learning curve and there are always people helping out on this forum!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.