[Resolved] Home page Featured Image shows on Posts Page instead of intended featured image

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Home page Featured Image shows on Posts Page instead of intended featured image

Home Forums Support Home page Featured Image shows on Posts Page instead of intended featured image

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stef

Good day,
    I have the home page set to static, and the posts page set to a page named ‘News’ in the WP Setup.
    The news page has a Header created for it with a featured image.

The header feature for the home page displays as intended; however the ‘News’ page inherits the home header image. There is no option for setting a custom header on the posts page; although the desired featured image is entered in the rhs box.

To rephrase; the home page featured image (a header) shows on both the home and News (posts) page.
    I have a unique image that I want to display on the posts page.

The site is on a localhost.

Off topic tip:
    If page templates are set to ‘elementor’, the custom headers will not show. Use the default page template.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not quite understanding the problem but sounds like you need to create a separate page header and assign to posts.

If you turn on Add Background image without adding an image in the page header then it will automatically grabs the featured image you set for that post.

If this doesn’t help, are you able to move the site to a live test server so I can see?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.