[Resolved] Home Header Font Style

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Home Header Font Style

Home Forums Support Home Header Font Style

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    DJ

Hello, I’m in of assistance with changing my font style to look similar to the attached image. In the past, I’ve copied the code of the style I like and pasted it into my site and it worked with no problem. For some reason unbeknownst to me this time, it didn’t work. Do you have any advice on how to change the font style and the size of my wording, so I can keep my phrase to two lines. I’ve provided an example of the “Trade” template from the site library. https://imgur.com/OjAyMKF I copied the header code from this template in an effort to get a similar look.

Thank you,

DJ

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

By default, the “Trade” Site Library template uses “Roboto Slab” ( font-family: "Roboto Slab", serif;).

This is set from Appearance > Customize > Typography > Headings.

Can you provide more details on which body of text within the content do you want this font family to apply? So we can have a better idea on which way to go.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

DJ

Hello Elvin, I’m not necessarily trying to change the font type, but rather the position of the text and the size of the text. I’m trying to change the font size of the Global Header. I went to Appearance > Customize > Typography > Headings and try to change the Heading 1 (H1) font size, but no changes took place. Am I’m making the changes in the correct area? Please advise.

Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

If making changes to Heading 1 (H1) doesn’t make any change to any bodies of text within the live preview, that means the current page being previewed has no <h1> (except for content title) elements in it.

If you’re trying to Single content title, change Single Content Title (H1). You should be able to see Single Content Title (H1) within Appearance > Customize > Typography > Headings as well under Heading 1 (H1).

Any chance you can link us to the page you’re working on? If you can point us to which text on the page you’re trying to style, we can assist with styling it.

Let us know.

A wise man once said:

DJ

Hello Elvin, I have attached images of the homepage text and the code used for the homepage text.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I see that your <h1> tag have a hero-headline class to them.

If hero-headline already has a font-size property applying to it then it will take precedence over the customizer’s H1 typography settings.

That said, you can inspect your site using chrome dev tools for any CSS that may be applying the font size to these h1 tags with the same class.

A wise man once said:

DJ

I’m not very knowledgeable of the CSS code and using the chrome dev tools. If I remove the hero-headline from will the customizer’s H1 typography settings to take effect. Would you mind providing some more details on what code to use so the customizer’s H1 typography settings can be utilized?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

If I remove the hero-headline from will the customizer’s H1 typography settings to take effect.

Yes, it most likely will unless you have a custom CSS that styles h1 w/o any selectors.

Typography > Headings’s H1 setting applies to all unstyled H1. It’s basically a fallback for any h1 that has no styling applied to theme. Else, if any h1 has any custom styling then that precedes the theme’s typography setting.

A wise man once said:

DJ

Elvin, Much Appreciated!!! Removing the hero-headline did the trick.

DJ

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Elvin, Much Appreciated!!! Removing the hero-headline did the trick.

Nice one. Glad it works for you. 🙂

A wise man once said:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.