- This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Leo.
March 8, 2017 at 9:57 am #288932Soma
First: Nice theme, fast, beautiful and well done. Thank you. 🙂
I`ve some questions related to using video as background:
· <strong>It is possible to control how many repetitions the video will play?</strong> it is an infinite loop currently and cannot find where should I change it.
· What about default play controls? like <strong>”play/pause” buttons</strong>?
· <strong>What are the recommended settings for the video itself?</strong> I`m trying with different dimensions like 1696 × 1080, or 1920 × 996 but the video gets cropped on the bottom part. Is there a recommended dimensions to avoid this as much as possible?GeneratePress 1.3.44GP Premium 1.2.94March 8, 2017 at 1:02 pm #289001TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
It’s only possible to disable the video loop outright:
add_filter( 'generate_page_header_video_loop','__return_false' );
There’s not really one main size for background images, as it all depends on the video resolution.
It’s best to keep the video size as small as possible (no long videos), and use an overlay color to hide any loss of quality.April 11, 2017 at 5:10 am #304437Soma
I`ve tried the code below to reproduce home video background just once but does not work; there is still an infinite loop.
I`m using a “.mp4” video in the page header settings, I tried the snippet in both the child and the parent theme functions with same result..
any ideas?April 11, 2017 at 9:25 am #304534TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperApril 11, 2017 at 11:18 am #304583Soma
It was the “merge site header” option activated; after turning off the snippet of the previous link just works.
Thank YouApril 11, 2017 at 11:28 am #304589Soma
mmm not really,
I just realize that by turning off the “merge with site header” video loop is deactivated BUT,
the video now is not covering the header area which I want to,
Is there any middle point where I can still using “merge with site header” option in conjunction with vthe video loop turned off ?April 11, 2017 at 8:30 pm #304740TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperApril 23, 2019 at 9:20 am #876764Daniel
I’d like to add a play/pause button so that my bg video can be paused by the user. I wasn’t clear from Tom’s comment (“It’s only possible to disable the video loop outright:”) if that means adding such functionality is not doable. See: here. Thank you.April 23, 2019 at 9:38 am #876787LeoStaffCustomer Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.