Holiday Calendar and Postcards

Home Forums Support Holiday Calendar and Postcards

Home Forums Support Holiday Calendar and Postcards

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Laura Brown

Hi Tom,

I’ve been looking for two simple features to add to WordPress. One is the ability to send postcards (ecards) from images in my WP media gallery. I make ASCII art and would like to offer those images for people to email to friends for holidays and events.

The other feature is a holiday calendar. Something simple which would let me update it with new holidays while keeping track of those already added and showing them on the right day each year. An event calendar does not work for this as you have to set every event new each time. I’d like this as a sidebar widget. Mostly so I could add and keep track of all kinds of holidays and then post about them (before I’m too late) on my site.

I used to think I’d like a web directory too. (I was an editor with the Open Directory Project for many years, when it was actually active). But, I think the time for that is gone really. I wouldn’t want to deal with all the flood of spam submissions from bots and etc nowadays. But, adding that as an idea. It would be nice to do more with link collections and feeds.

Anyway, could you make something like that? The postcard thing to run with WordPress and the holiday calendar too. Maybe they could be together even, or not, depending on what people (other than myself) would need.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Laura,

All of these would be pretty advanced plugins that would take a lot of developing time that I don’t have at this point. Of course, if I do get more time in the future and this is a popular idea, it could happen 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.