[Resolved] Hitting enter does not result in new paragraph

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hitting enter does not result in new paragraph

Home Forums Support Hitting enter does not result in new paragraph

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Remko

When I hit the enter key in let’s say a blog post, a new line is started but not a new paragraph. I need to enter the enter key twice for a new paragraph to start.

I have used GP Premium on all of my sites. It’s just this website that is doing this.

What could be the cause?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate conflicts from other plugins first?

The theme itself doesn’t control the editor like that.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Remko

Hi Leo,

I did just what you asked: disabled all plug-ins except Elementor, Elementor Pro and GP Premium. I deleted all server cache and local cache. If I could share images with you, I’d show you that blog posts with <enter> in them as the end of a paragraph show an ’empty line’ in between the paragraphs, while the frontend does not show this empty line.

Meantime I have enabled all plugins since it’s a live site. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Could you please advice on how to proceed?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can share images here – simply provide us a link to either the image stored on a share drive or your media library or a link to a screen sharing site or cloud share such as DropBox or Google Drive.

Remko

Thanks David!
    See Dropbox folder with 3 screenshots attachhed.
    Dropbox Generatepress

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You have some custom CSS in your site that is removing the bottom margin from the paragraph. Its been added in Elementor so can’t tell you where exactly to look for it – so i include the comment that comes immediately before it :

/* Start custom CSS for shortcode, class: .elementor-element-3c4e91f */
    p {
        margin-bottom: 0.00em;
    }
    Remko

I found the string you gave me in the DB; it was hidden as Custom CSS in an Elementor template, without using the selector…

Thanks again for your time!!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.